Help Your Relationship Thrive with Marriage Counseling in Westchester, NY
Every type of relationship comes with its ups and downs. How we are able to communicate and work together during these situations is what makes the difference between a bond working or coming unraveled.
Couples therapy and marriage counseling in Westchester, NY, is an effective way to improve your relationship with the people you care about the most. Contact our therapist, Chris Colasuonno, LSCW-R, MBA, CASAC, to schedule a consultation to learn how you can improve your relationship through counseling.
Common Reasons to Seek Relationship Counseling
- Poor Communication – Does your partner have Do you or your partner have communication problems—such as hiding feelings or giving silent treatment? Learning proper communication techniques can help you avoid these relationship pitfalls and begin to repair and strengthen your bond.
- Anger Issues – Rage attacks, mood swings, or other anger issues can cause severe emotional disruption in a couple. Through therapy, you are able to identify the “fuel” source of the anger and defuse this emotion before it erupts. Chris has received specialized training and is a Certified Anger Management Specialist.
- Control Issues –Are you or your spouse controlling or manipulative? Finding balance in a relationship is essential, and our therapist works with you and your partner to learn how to find that equilibrium in your marriage.
- Lack of Intimacy/Sex – Couples often go through times where distance in the bedroom is prevalent. Counseling helps the couple communicate their feelings and work towards being emotionally closer to their partner.
- Affairs, Unfaithfulness, Trust Issues – Infidelity within a relationship can be the most hurtful and damaging thing a couple ever goes through, but it does not have to end the relationship. Through relationship counseling, the couple is able to enjoy a healing space to begin the journey toward resolution and rebuilding trust.
- Blended Families – When one or both partners have children from another relationship, they can end up with some unique challenges and struggles. The family’s new identity, parenting differences, and the other parent’s role all need to be adequately explored to reduce arguing and ensure everyone is working toward a common goal of togetherness.
- Technology – Do you feel you are being ignored in your relationship due to your partner’s reliance on social media and technology? Our therapist helps couples find balance with technology to secure appropriate boundaries and restore the trust that social media may have eroded.
- Family Issues – If you or our spouse have issues with the in-laws, it might be time for everyone to sit down and work things out. A counselor is able to mediate the situation to help everyone come to a beneficial solution.
Building Healthier Relationships
Most people structure their relationships with other people based on the relationships they saw growing up. If, as a child, you saw a close and healthy relationship between your parents, then you are more likely to model yourself after this healthy behavior. On the other hand, if your household was filled with arguments, there is a chance you can take these negative behavioral patterns into your own relationships.
Marriage counseling can teach you how to build solid and healthy relationships while helping you or your partner work through past detrimental issues and habits that you might still be holding onto in your current relationship. Counseling is a cost-effective and safe way to work on any relationship issue so that you and your loved one can enjoy a better quality of life.
Save Your Relationships and Your Money
Counseling is a cost-effective and safe way to work on any relationship issue. When a person decides to work with a counselor, they are investing both time and money for the ability to have a better quality of life. More than 50% of all marriages and relationships are failing in today’s world, and the cost of divorce is enormous. Besides thousands given to divorce lawyers and the emotional burden of a relationship in trouble, the cost to any children involved is incalculable. The small investment made in counseling can yield emotional well-being while also saving financial resources.
As parents go through the changing divorce/relationship process, children become vulnerable, and symptoms indicate how well they can cope with this change. Some notable symptoms include isolation, failing grades, introverted personality, anxiety, or depression. Counseling can help smooth the transition between relationships.
To help put the cost of couples counseling in perspective, few things you can buy will give you the same quality of life that a healthy relationship can. If you and your significant other love each other and can meet each other’s important emotional needs, you’ll be able to have a prosperous future together. The money you spend to resolve your marital/relationship problems is money well spent.
Take Our Relationship Quiz
Proudly offering Counseling and Therapy in all areas of Westchester County, Putnam County, and Dutchess County including the following communities – Somers, Yorktown Heights, Bedford, Katonah, Cortlandt Manor, Mohegan Lake, Brewster, Armonk, Bedford Hills, North Salem, Mahopac, Mt. Kisco, Scarsdale, South Salem, White Plains, Poughkeepsie, Wappinger Falls, Carmel, Pleasantville, Peekskill, Croton, Rye, Harrison, Yonkers, New Rochelle, Mamaroneck, Larchmont, Purchase, Chappaqua, Briarcliff Manor, Millwood, Mahopac Falls, Baldwin Place, Hawthorne, Elmsford, Valhalla, Newcastle & Putnam Valley, Phillipstown, Kent, Southeast.
Psychology & Therapy services provided including but not limited to: