Treatment for Alcohol & Drug Addiction in Westchester County, NY
Chris Colasuonno, LCSW-R, MBA, CASAC, of Stress Free Counseling, is a psychotherapist and addiction counselor specializing in the treatment of alcohol and drug addiction in Westchester County, NY.
A Credentialed Alcohol & Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) certified by the New York State Office of Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Services, Chris specializes in private addiction treatment and interventions. He aims to help addicts, alcoholics, and their families through compassionate, effective therapy and counseling.
Substance Abuse Treatment
The first step in substance abuse treatment is to assess the addict and select the right level of care. With a caring and empathic approach, Chris offers confidential substance abuse psychotherapy, counseling, and addiction intervention to help patients feel safe and understood as they seek help.
Chris is an experienced addiction counselor and therapist who uses cognitive behavior therapy and other psychotherapist counseling models to treat addicts and alcoholics while helping them lower anxiety and depression. Contact Chris for a free consultation if you are trying to cut down on alcohol, tobacco, drugs, or other addictive behavior.
What Is Your Situation? – Chris Has Probably Treated It!
- Family member addicted to heroin?
- Drinking too much; need intervention?
- Is the alcoholic or addict in denial?
- Is your marriage or family suffering because of drugs/alcohol?
- Binge drinking?
- Do you abuse marijuana?
- Are you worried about what’s going to happen next?
- Are you an Adult Child of Alcoholics (ACOA) or any other drug?
- Are you driving drunk or stoned? Got a DWI?
- Are you stoned every day?
- Alcohol withdrawal?
- Is your family member in withdrawal?
- What is a functional alcoholic or addict?
- Worried about an overdose?
- What types of treatment are there in Westchester and Putnam Counties?
Symptoms of Drug Addiction
- Having More of the Drink or Drug to Maintain the High
- Sudden Personality Changes
- Anger Outbursts That are Unusual
- Withdrawal from Responsibility
- General Changes in Overall Attitude
- Loss of Interest in Favorite Things
- Missing Work or School
- Changes in Friends and Reluctance to Have Friends Visit or Talk About Them
- Difficulty in Concentration and Paying Attention
- Lying About the Amount of Drinking/Drug Use That They are Doing
- Sudden Jitteriness, Nervousness, or Aggression
- Becoming Increasingly Isolated
- Aggressive and Irritable
- Deterioration of Physical Appearance and Grooming
- Avoiding Friends or Family to Get Drunk or High
- Drinking and Driving
- Feeling Hopeless, Depressed, or Suicidal
- Continual Wearing of Long-Sleeved Garments Particularly in Hot Weather or Reluctance to Wear Short-Sleeved Attire When Appropriate
- Association with Known Substance Abusers
- Unusual Borrowing of Money from Friends, Co-Workers, or Family
- Blaming Someone Else for Their Addiction
- Stealing Small Items from Employer, Home, or School
- Secretive Behavior Regarding Actions and Possessions
- Poorly Concealed Attempts to Avoid Attention and Suspicion Such as Frequent Trips to Storage Room, Restroom, or Basement
- Declining Grades
- Disappearing Money or Valuables
- Sounding Selfish and Not Caring About Others
- Planning Drinking in Advance, Hiding Alcohol, Drinking, or Using Other Drugs Alone
Help with Heroin, Opiate, & Prescription Drug Addiction
Unfortunately, addiction is rampant throughout the Westchester and Putnam County area. That is why Chris has worked with many addicts and their families to remove the stigma of shame and guilt while confronting substance abuse addiction. He understands that many people get addicted accidentally and don’t know how to stop. That is why he works with addicts and medical professionals to treat the cause of their addiction while aiding them with any withdrawals.
Put an End to Alcohol Abuse
Alcohol is one of the most addictive substances in the country, with thousands succumbing to it on a regular basis. Often, the alcoholic can’t stop drinking despite consequences from family, work, and the law. This can build up a cocoon of shame and guilt, reinforcing a negative cycle of destructive drinking. Through psychotherapy and addiction treatment, Chris has helped problem drinkers put down the bottle and start to put back together the pieces of their lives.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, it is time to contact us to schedule a consultation:
- Has alcohol hurt your family?
- Do you want to stop?
- Are you scared of being an alcoholic?
- Does your drinking cause shame or guilt?
Proudly offering Counseling and Therapy in all areas of Westchester County, Putnam County, and Dutchess County including the following communities – Somers, Yorktown Heights, Bedford, Katonah, Cortlandt Manor, Mohegan Lake, Brewster, Armonk, Bedford Hills, North Salem, Mahopac, Mt. Kisco, Scarsdale, South Salem, White Plains, Poughkeepsie, Wappinger Falls, Carmel, Pleasantville, Peekskill, Croton, Rye, Harrison, Yonkers, New Rochelle, Mamaroneck, Larchmont, Purchase, Chappaqua, Briarcliff Manor, Millwood, Mahopac Falls, Baldwin Place, Hawthorne, Elmsford, Valhalla, Newcastle & Putnam Valley, Phillipstown, Kent, Southeast.
Psychology & Therapy services provided including but not limited to: